sample

RDS: Dublin Society Premises

The Dublin Society held its meetings in the Irish Parliament House until 1757, after which it moved premises to Shaw's Court, north of Dame Street. In 1766 the Society purchased a plot next to the new headquarters of the Commissioners of Inland Navigation on Grafton Street. The Grafton Street premises were designed by the architect Christopher Myers (1717-1789) and stood opposite the Provost's House.

In 1796 the Dublin Society sold their house on Grafton Street and moved their headquarters, the Drawing Schools and the Library into premises on Hawkins Street. The Hawkins Street premises were part of a series of buildings and land that had been acquired by the Society during the 1770s.