sample

RDS: National Botanic Gardens at Glasnevin

In 1790, the Irish Parliament made a grant of £5,000 to the Dublin Society, £300 of which was to be used for the provision and maintenance of a botanic garden. In 1794 the Society began work on the Glasnevin site and the gardens were opened in 1796.

The Dublin Society's Botanic Gardens would eventually become the National Botanic Gardens.