sample

RDS: First Charter of the Dublin Society (1750)

The Dublin Society received its first Charter from George II on 2nd April 1750. On 3rd May 1750 the first election of its members under the new constitution was held in the Irish Parliament House. Shortly after this the Dublin Society ordered that a seal be prepared for their use. The design of the seal was to incorporate the goddess Minerva with a cornucopia and the motto "Nostri plena laboris"  (full of our hard work). Minerva, the Roman goddess of poetry, medicine, commerce and crafts, remains the emblem of the RDS to this day.